PE & Sport Premium
The PE and Sport Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money. However, the government suggests that school can use funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Our funding for 2022-2023 was £17,030
Each year we publish how we have spent our allocation:
Our aims are that through physical education we teach and develop physical competence, an appreciation of skilled and creative performances, understanding of basic principles of ‘fair play’ and improve inter personal skills. We achieve this by:
- following a broad and balanced PE curriculum fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum;
- giving every child the opportunity to swim at least 25m;
- developing the fitness of the individual, by ensuring a good pace in lessons and incorporating fitness activities into physical education lessons as appropriate;
- integrating, where possible, into other curriculum areas, for example, the use of athletics data in maths & ICT;
- developing programmes that meet the needs of all the children, providing equal opportunities, making allowances for children with disabilities and medical conditions, taking into account children with special needs, through modified classroom programmes;
- involving the community where possible, e.g. Sports Day, clubs, outside coaching personnel and resources.
- providing enjoyable experiences, where positive attitudes of sensitivity, leadership, co-operation, competition and tolerance may develop.
- we are looking to participating in more intra/inter-school matches this year.